Updated 10/28/19 at 5:30am to reflect new exposure sites from Oct. 21 in Lane County.
Original story: A Lane County resident and a visitor to Washington County have been diagnosed with measles. Their illnesses are linked to an individual with the disease who passed through Portland International Airport earlier this month.
According to the Oregon Health Authority, the two new cases reportedly were on the same international flight that landed in Portland on October 12th, as reported by Multnomah County Health Department. OHA epidemiologists are working with public health staff in both counties to confirm sites where others may have been exposed.
None of the people involved in this case have been fully vaccinated against measles.
The OHA notes that while most Oregonians have been vaccinated against measles and their risk is low, risk may be higher for unvaccinated persons who may have been exposed. In Multnomah county those locations include the Portland international airport on Saturday, October 12 on a flight from Amsterdam to Portland, and in Lane county, exposure may have occurred on Wednesday October 23rd at two Eugene businesses- Blue Mist on Valley River Drive between 4 and 7 pm, and the North Fork Public House on Shadowview between 6 and 9 pm. Other exposure locations in Washington and Clackamas counties are noted below.
Public health officials urge people to first call a health care provider or urgent care center by telephone if They have been exposed within the previous 21 days, AND They have symptoms of measles such as fever, cough, red eyes or rash. For more information, visit the OHA website.
- Saturday, Oct. 12
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Portland International Airport, Delta Air Lines Inc., Flight 0179 from Amsterdam (AMS) to Portland (PDX)
- Monday, Oct. 21
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Creswell Bakery, 182 S 2nd St, Creswell
- Noon-4 pm, Bier Stein, 1591 Willamette Street, Eugene
- Wednesday, Oct. 23
- 4-7:30 p.m., Blue Mist, 1400 Valley River Dr., Suite 130, Eugene
- 6-9:30 p.m., North Fork Public House, 2805 Shadowview, Eugene
- Sunday, Oct. 20
- 12:15-3:45 p.m., Wu’s Open Kitchen, 15660 SW Pacific Hwy, Tigard
- 4:45-8:00 p.m., Costco, 25900 SW Heather Pl, Willsonville
- Wednesday, Oct 23
- 1:15-3:45 p.m., Tous Les Jours, 11735 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Beaverton
- 1:45-4:15 p.m., Starbucks inside Target, 10775 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Beaverton
- Monday, Oct. 21
- 12:15-2:45 p.m., Trader Joe’s, 15391 SW Bangy Rd, Lake Oswego
Additional exposure sites might be added as the investigation continues.
The OHA urges people with questions about measles infection or the measles vaccine to call their primary care provider or their county health department: