The coronavirus has caused a wave of cancellations from concerts to schools. Here's a list of cancellations and postonements:
This list will be updated.
All public K-12 schools have been ordered to close and cancel all events until April 28. Until then, districts have been ordered to provide nutritional services throughout the closure. The following is a list where students can find meals in their school district and additional info.
Grab-and-go meals available to youth 18 years of age and under. Monday–Friday, March 16–20 (later dates TBD) from 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
Arts & Technology Academy, 1650 West 22nd Ave. (back by roll up doors)
Awbrey Park Elementary School, 158 Spring Creek Dr. (TBD)
ECCO, 200 N. Monroe St. (lobby)
Holt Elementary School, 770 Calvin St. (back cafeteria doors)
Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave. (lobby)
South Eugene High School, 400 East 19th Ave. (back cafeteria doors)
Childcare providers that are located on school campuses will not be open during the school closure.
March 18 School Board Meeting will stream online at 6 p.m. Public comment will be accepted via email.
Bethel School District- Teachers are tentatively scheduled to return on Monday, March 30th.
Bethel School District will be providing brown bag grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals for any student, Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20, 10:00-noon. Meals can be picked up at Willamette High School, Prairie Mountain School, Malabon Elementary and Fairfield Elementary.
Produce Plus program will be providing free food (Food for Lane County) that you can take home. Located at the Bethel Farm, behind Prairie Mountain School, Tuesday, March 17 and Friday, March 20, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bethel Health Center (north side of Cascade Middle School) will be open Monday-Thursday, 8:30-5:00 for the next two weeks. Available to all Bethel and Head Start students.
Childcare providers that are located on school campuses will not be open during the school closure.
Bend-La Pine Schools will serve free “grab and go” meals for kids 18 and under from, March 16-20 and March 30-31. Meals served from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
Ensworth Elementary School - 2150 NE Dagget Lane, Bend
Sky View Middle School - 63555 18th Street, Bend
Bend Senior High School - 230 NE 6th
Elk Meadow Elementary School - 60880 Brookswood Blvd., Bend
La Pine High School - 51633 Coach Road, La Pine
Visitors are asked to enter through designated doors, pick up a meal and then take the meal to go. Bend-La Pine Schools custodial staff will be cleaning before and after each meal. Adults can purchase a meal for $4.
Meal service begins Monday, March 16 at VES – Drive through and pick up only. Kids must be in car. Ages 1-18 are served from 11:00-12:30pm.
Meal Distribution: March 16-31, Monday –Friday. Breakfast 9:00-9:30 am. Lunch 12-1 pm. Drive through in front of LHS. Kids 1-18 must be present.
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD - Closed, No preschool. Agency services canceled. ECSE is closed. Administrators report to work. All staff watch for further information and directions this afternoon.
Roseburg Public Schools - Free Grab & Go breakfast available at all school sites from 8:30 to 9:30 am and lunch from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. The Lunch Box Express will also be operating.
Any child under 18 can pick up breakfast & lunch during the week of March 17-20 & March 30-31 at the following locations between 9:00am-10:00am:
Cottage Grove High School, main parking lot (1375 S. River Rd.)
Dorena School, main parking lot (37141 Row River Rd, Dorena, OR 97434)
London School, main parking lot (73288 London Rd, Cottage Grove, OR 97424)
Federal regulations require that the children receiving meals must be in the car when meals are picked up. Everyone must remain in the car, and we will deliver the meals to your car. For questions, please call 541-767-1677
Springfield School District -The Springfield School District will offer students to-go hot lunches at any school location from 11 am to 1pm, Monday through Friday until classes resume.
Sutherlin School District - Grab & Go breakfast and lunch provided for children 18 Monday through Friday at West Intermediate School from 7:30 to 8:30 am and 11:30 to 12:30 pm.
HOSPITALS & CLINICS
- PeaceHealth- Woodfield Station same-day clinic in south Eugene, will close on Wednesday, March 18, until further notice.
The Oregon Department of Human Service has placed stronger restrictions on visits to care facilities. New restrictions limit all visitors except essential medical and emergency personnel and visitors to residents who are in the end of life.
Deschutes Historical Museum will be closed until March 31st. Programs for March and April have been postponed, including History Pub at McMenamins Old St. Francis.
MedCom monthly board meeting scheduled for Thursday March 19, 2020 - CANCELED For more info call Douglas County Fire District No. 2 at 541-673-5503
March 19th evening public comment period-- CANCELED Written comments can be submitted by email-- email@example.com
LTD will operate on Saturday schedules on all buses, Monday through Saturday starting March 23 until further notice. Route 92 Lowell and Route 95 Coburg will have limited service Monday through Friday. Sunday bus service stays the same.
City of Eugene
Eugene Public Library will suspend programming and all libraries including the Downtown Public Library, Sheldon and Bethel locations are CLOSED until March 30
The Library will waive fees for any materials returned late due to health concerns.
Eugene Rec will suspend all programming through March 30.
Campbell Community Center closed through March 30 due to the predominance of patrons over the age of 60. All other Rec Community Centers and Pools will remain open regular hours.
Spay and Neuter Clinic - March 14-31 - SUSPENDING SERVICES
Eugene Municipal court- As of March 16 all parking and noncriminal appearances will be postponed 30 days. People originally scheduled for dates this week will receive a letter in the mail with new appearance dates. Anyone scheduled for this week may call the court to ensure it has the correct mailing address.
City of Springfield
Springfield Public Library - March 14-31 - CLOSED
Springfield Museum - March 14-31 -CLOSED
SPD is encouraging citizens to call the department with questions rather than visit the office in person.
The Police Department has suspended the ride-along program at this time. The 2020 Citizens Police Academy is also postponed.
Coffee with a Cop and other similar community events are also being cancelled, with the intent to reschedule, again, in the near future.
City of Bend
Stewardship Council Subcommittee meeting has been cancelled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Bend Municipal Court has canceled court for March 19, 2020. Anyone scheduled for arraignments on March 19 should contact the court at 541-388-5572 and press 9 to speak with a court clerk in regards to options. Phones operate from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
City of Corvallis
The City of Corvallis has closed several offices to the public, but some services will still be availble over the phone or online. Click here for details.
All recreation events, activities, classes, and rehearsals scheduled by Parks and Recreation CANCELED until March 31. This includes programs at the Corvallis Community Center.
Corvallis-Benton County Library-Main Library and branch libraries in Alsea, Monroe, and Philomath closed through the end of March. All library programs and outreach events have been canceled as well, and Bookmobile stops are temporarily suspended during this time.
The Corvallis Police Department and Corvallis Fire Department are suspending their ride-along programs until further notice.
The City of Corvallis Finance Department will suspend water service disconnections due to unpaid bills for a period of 30 days. Emergency low-income assistance is also available for customers facing emergency shut-off notices due to unpaid bills.
Corvallis Police Department 10-week Citizens Police Academy - April 1 - CANCELED
The Municipal Court will work with community members who had previously scheduled court dates to reschedule for future dates without incurring a penalty.
City of Florence
The March meeting of the Environmental Management Advisory Committee scheduled for Tuesday March 17 - CANCELED
City of Newport
All Municipal Court sessions until April 29, 2020 - CANCELED
Anyone with a court date prior to April 29, 2020, will receive a letter rescheduling their case to a different date. Anyone not receiving a letter from the Newport Municipal Court rescheduling their court date – prior to April 29, 2020, should contact Dawn Smalley, Municipal Court Clerk, at 541.574.0616, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Lebanon
Lebanon Police Department - Public fingerprinting – SUSPENDED
City of Yachats
Joint Session on March 18 at 6:00 pm will be rescheduled.
LIVE EVENT VENUES:
- Cottage Theatre's April 3 - 26 production of the musical Mamma Mia has been postponed until further notice.
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts has suspended all programming through April 14. Ticket Office closed until April 14. Patrons can still purchase tickets via phone services and online. Phone hours are Tuesday – Friday, noon – 5 p.m.; and Saturday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- McDonald Theatre has canceled and postponed shows through May 1st.
- Oregon Contemporary Theatre has postponed all performances and community events until April 14.
- Very Little Theatre has canceled all performances of “Little Women: The Musical.”
- WOW Music Hall has canceled and postponed events through April 18.
- Bob Keefer Center - Until Further Notice - CLOSED
- Camp Putt - DELAYED opening
- Cascades Raptor Center - Beginning March 20th - CLOSED
- Corvallis Museum - DELAYED opening
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum will temporarily close to the public, effective immediately
- Broadway Metro- CLOSED until further notice.
- Deschutes Historical Museum - March 17- 31 - CLOSED
- Hoodoo Ski Area - March 17 through end of season - CLOSED
- Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art - through April 10 - CLOSED
- Mt. Bachelor Ski Area - March 15- March 22 - CLOSED
- OMSI – Saturday, March 14- Tuesday, March 31 - CLOSED
- Oregon Historical Society - Saturday, March 14 - Monday, March 30 – CLOSED
- All public programs CANCELED or POSTPONED through April 12, 2020. School tours, the traveling trunk program, and Library services SUSPENDED through April 17.
- Oregon Coast Aquarium - Effective 5p.m. Sunday, March 15. For 2 weeks. -CLOSED
- Oregon Zoo - March 17 - April 8 - CLOSED
- Oregon State Parks - Effective March 23- All Camping and Day use - CLOSED
- Travel Oregon travel alerts: https://traveloregon.com/travel-alerts/.
- State park service reductions and closures: https://bit.ly/OPRD-covid.
- Oregon Department of Forestry: https://www.oregon.gov/ODF/
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife: https://myodfw.com/visit-odfw-wildlife-areas
- Osborn Aquatic Center and Majestic Theatre – Until March 31 – CLOSED
- Philomath Museum - Beginning Tuesday, March 17 - CLOSED
- Splash! - Until further notice - CLOSED
- All swim lessons, water fitness classes, and waterpark swims - SUSPENDED
- Umpqua Valley Arts - Until Further Notice - CLOSED. ALL scheduled workshops, events, and classes scheduled through April 6 CANCELED
- Willamalane Park Swim Center - Until Further Notice - CLOSED
- Willamalane Adult Activity Center - Until Further Notice - CLOSED
- WOW Hall - Reduced Office Hours: 3:00 – 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
- EUGENE YMCA - CLOSED - through April 1st
- Bridgeway House Dinner and Auction “Fire and Ice’ - April 4 POSTPONED to October 10. All Bridgeway House's services, programs ands school closed until April 1.
- Cai Emmon’s “Vanishing: Five Stories” Book Launch - Oregon Contemporary Theatre - POSTPONED until April 14
- Chefs’ Night Out - FOOD for Lane County, Eugene - March 30 POSTPONED
- Cherry Blossom Event - Oregon State Capitol, Salem - March 21 CANCELED
- Digging in Their Heels - Shelton McMurphy Johnson House - POSTPONED until April 14
- Eugene/ Springfield NAACP - All youth programs and events CANCELED until further notice
- Family Safety Fair - Willamalane Bob Keefer Center, Springfield - CANCELED
- Hayden Bridge Landing Groundbreaking - March 18 - CANCELED
- Kimberly Jensen and Jan Dilg "They Persisted: Oregon Women and Voting Rights 1872-1920" – Oregon State Capitol, Salem - March 26 - POSTPONED
- Oregon Beach Cleanup - POSTPONED to July 5
- Phoenix School of Roseburg - Spring Dinner and Auction, April 18 - CANCELED
- Spring Break Passport to Fun! - Oregon State Capitol, Salem - CANCELED
- Transportation BEST Awards - Dinner celebration March 17 - POSTPONED
- The Daffodil Drive and Festival - Long Tom Grange, Junction City March 21-22 CANCELED
- United Way of Lane County Community Celebration - March 31 POSTPONED UNTIL June 3
- Willamalane Egg Stuffing Party & MEGGA Hunt - March 20 & April 11 CANCELED
Early Start, Kids Club, All preschool programs, All before and after school programs, Two50 Youth Center, Middle school sports - CANCELED until school resumes.
Park restrooms – CLOSED Portable restrooms - OPEN
All recreation programs and special events are canceled until further notice.
Parks and trails remain open. Park restrooms are closed, portable restrooms are open.
For additional closures see Willamalane website
MEETUPS & MEETINGS:
- Florence Urban Renewal Agency Meeting - March 25 - CANCELED
- Greeters Meetups - Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce - March 20 and 27, and April 3. CANCELED
- Lane Transit District (LTD) - All scheduled public meetings and March 18 Board of Directors' meeting. CANCELED
- MEPAA Music Center classes and all MuseArt Monday – Until March 31 - CANCELED
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife - All hunter education classes, field days, clinics, outdoor skills workshops, angler education trainings, Family Fishing events and other volunteer-led activities CANCELED until April 13.
- Refunds to participants will be processed automatically for any paid classes or workshops.Registration for future classes is postponed until further notice.
- Oregonians For Equality Luncheon - POSTPONED until Tuesday, June 9. It will run from 11:30 am-1:30 pm at the Oregon Convention Center
- Young Professionals Engage - The Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce - March 18 POSTPONED
- Young Professionals Connect - The Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce - April 2 POSTPONED
- Whirl-A-Ways Square Dance Club - ALL MARCH DANCES HAVE BEEN CANCELED
- Winston-Dillard Fire District Board Meeting - March 16 - CANCELED
- Eugene Marathon - April 24-26 - CANCELED
- KidSports - lacrosse and soccer season, including practices - ON HOLD
- TrackTown Tuesday's April 7 and May 5 shows have been canceled. The June 2 show will remain scheduled for the time being as the spread of COVID-19 continues to be monitored.
- Mt. Hood Meadows - Regular operations SUSPENDED at 4 PM, Sunday, March 15 through Sunday, March 22nd. Spring Demo days, Spring Brewfest, Pride Day event on April 11 and OISA State High School Snowboard Championships (Slopestyle and Halfpipe) are CANCELED. The USSA (United States Ski and Snowboard Association) has CANCELED all remaining ski racing events - including the Candy Cup finals and Evergreen Cup.