Lane County on track to meet COVID vax goals for youngest eligible population
Lane County Public Health officials report they’re on track to get at least 35% of the youngest eligible population vaccinated against coronavirus by year’s end.
There are just under 25,500 five to eleven year olds living in Lane County.
COVID-19 Incident Commander Steve Adams said in the first ten days of clinics dedicated to these youngsters, things have gone well. “The numbers are pretty remarkable,” he said. “We’ve already got 14% of that population has received one dose in Lane County. So, we are reporting 3,591 first doses delivered.”
Adams said last Friday, 1,500 seats opened up for children to receive the specially formulated Pfizer dose. Parents scheduled those slots in under three hours. This week, clinics will be held at the Lane Events center in Eugene and at school sites across the county from Florence to Blue River. Adams reminds there will be fewer clinics next week, due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
Adams said community of care partners like pediatricians and pharmacies are a big part of the county’s vaccination efforts and success. He assured there are many opportunities, besides public health clinics, for parents to schedule a shot for their child.
Here are Lane County Public Health's upcoming clinics:
Eugene Pediatric Clinics:
- Wednesday November 17 from 2:30-6:30 pm at Lane Event Center (796 W 13th Ave, 97402)
- Thursday November 18 from 4:30-7pm in partnership with Eugene School District 4J at Arts & Technology Academy (1650 W 22nd Ave,97405)
- Friday November 19 from 1:30-6:30 pm at Lane Event Center (796 W 13th Ave, 97402)
- Monday November 22 from 2:30-6:30 pm at Lane Event Center (796 W 13th Ave, 97402)
- Tuesday November 30 from 4:30-7pm in partnership with Eugene School District 4J at Howard Elementary School (700 Howard Ave,97404)
Springfield Pediatric Clinics:
- Tuesday November 16 from 4:00pm-7:00pm at Thurston High School (333 58th St, Springfield)
Tuesday November 23 from 4:00pm-7:00pm at Springfield High School (875 7th St, Springfield)
East Lane Pediatric Clinics:
- Thursday November 18 from 3:30-5:30 pm with McKenzie River School District (51187 Blue River Drive, Finn Rock)
West Lane Pediatric Clinics:
- Saturday November 20 from 12:00 - 4:00pm at Siuslaw Middle School (2525 Oak St, Florence, 97439)
- Tuesday November 23 from 4:00 - 7:00pm at Veneta Elementary (88131 Territorial Hwy, Veneta) with Fern Ridge School District