New Lane Co. COVID Cases From Olympic Trials And Care Facility Outbreak
Oregon Governor Kate Brown’s executive order to lift most COVID-19 restrictions statewide--goes into effect Wednesday. Meanwhile, the virus still impacts Lane County where 28 new cases were announced on Tuesday.
Ten cases are from a single outbreak at a long-term care facility in Eugene—likely spread by unvaccinated staff, officials say.
Another 12 positive cases were related to the Olympic Trials. Safety protocols required everyone who entered Lane County as part of the trials be tested with a rapid antigen test.
Lane County Public Health spokesperson Jason Davis had a grim reminder of the threat COVID still poses.
“167 deaths. Unfortunately, we do have a new death to announce today. This was a man from Eugene/Springfield area in his 40’s. And I believe this individual was also unvaccinated,” he said.
Davis provided updates during Lane County Public Health’s 184th and final live-remote COVID-19 press briefing Tuesday morning. Emergency operations are winding down however contract tracing, isolations and vaccination efforts will vigorously continue throughout the summer, Davis said.
Upcoming Lane County Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics:
All clinics listed are providing Pfizer brand vaccine (ages 12+) and Johnson & Johnson unless otherwise noted. If you need a Moderna boost dose please utilize our vaccinating partners (list of partners is below or call 541-682-1380 for assistance).
- Monday-Wednesday June 28-30, 9:00am-2:30pm daily at Springfield Public Library (225 5th St, Springfield)
- Monday-Wednesday June 28-30, 9:00am-2:30pm daily at Eugene Public Library (downtown - 100 W 10th Ave)
- Monday-Wednesday June 28-30, 9:00am-4:00pm daily at Echo Hollow Pool (1655 Echo Hollow Rd, Eugene
- Tuesdays June 29, July 6, 13, 20, and 27 3:00-6:00pm at Bob Keefer Center (250 S 32nd St, Springfield)
- Wednesdays June 30, July 7,14,21, and 28 4:00-6:00pm weekly at Churchill High School (1850 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene)
- Fridays July 2,9,16,23, and 30 4:00-6:00pm at North Eugene High School (20 Silver Ln, Eugene)