Olympic Trials Organizers Anticipate Fans In The Stands
TrackTown USA has announced that recent changes to Oregon health regulations means spectators will be able to watch the Olympic Trials in person at Hayward Field at the University of Oregon. The trials are scheduled for June 18-27.
Michael Reilly, CEO of TrackTown USA released a statement Saturday, saying “Oregon health regulations regarding stadium capacity have shifted significantly in the last two weeks. We are absolutely thrilled as these changes allow for previously impossible spectator numbers. Alongside our partners, we have developed a plan to maximize attendance while keeping participants and our community safe. We appreciate the hard work of public health officials and government leaders who have made today’s announcement possible.”
The policy shift comes after new guidance on outdoor gatherings for those who have been vaccinated for COVID-19. TrackTown USA says there will be both vaccinated and unvaccinated sections in the stadium, with vaccinated sections forming much of the ticket inventory. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will be required in order to sit in a vaccinated section.
Those who originally bought tickets for the 2020 trials, will be able to keep their tickets if they so choose, or they can request refunds.
The organization outlined the key parameters of the new ticketing plan:
- All customers who retained their ticket orders through April 2021 will be able to keep their tickets if they so choose. Seating locations, however, are subject to change due to mandatory adaptations of the seat map in order to be compliant with health regulations.
- Automatic refunds, based on the previous policy announced on April 22, had not yet been issued. Account holders wanting to secure refunds for all or part of their orders will still be able to do so.
- Athlete families will have the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets per session on the day(s) that their athlete is competing.
- After existing ticket customers and athlete families have been accommodated, any remaining ticket inventory will be sold to the public.
- Only mobile tickets will be issued.
- All plans for the 2020 Olympic Trials must be approved by the Oregon Health Authority and are therefore subject to change.
TrackTown USA said more information will be available in the coming week and all event updates will be published on TrackTown20.com